Full moons carry incredible energy and can create changes in your emotions, your body, your mind, and your spirit.
By tracking the full moons and their meanings we hope to inspire, enlighten, and inform you of the energetic shifts that are on their way to you.
May 26th there will be a Full Blood Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon will appear red in the sky because of atmospheric interference between the sun and the earth during the Eclipse.
As always the Full Moon will cause that push/pull between the energies of the Sun and Moon.
For the Full Blood Moon, the Sun will be in Gemini and the Moon will be in Sagittarius.
Add an Eclipse to that push/pull between these two signs and you basically get an exclamation point that comes in the form of a cosmic push to recognize what we’ve been lacking, missing, and needing—particularly related to learning, adventure, spirited living, communicating, and sharing in relationship. The Eclipse will help to illuminate a great need or want. This can lead to a severing of a relationship, or it can bring two people together with a greater awareness of their need for each other. It’s an in or out sort of decision time.
Gemini energetics (where the sun is) revolve around communication and diplomacy—focusing on things within reach and immediate and provides instant gratification without much thought for the future.
Sagittarius, a sign ruled by expansive Jupiter, wants us to move out of our comfort zone and step into our truth. Sagittarians are known for their bluntness and don't usually hold back. They also tend to see things that are on a distant horizon and can be patient and plan accordingly.
Here’s a good breakdown of what these energetics are inviting you to do:
- Speak your truth. If you're dealing with relationship issues (not necessarily just romantic, but related to work, health, yourself or your body), such as your ability to be authentic and communicate what you think and feel — the Sagittarian energy can help you get your words out and on the table. Similar to last month's full Pink Full Moon, truth needs to be spoken.
- Find balance. From the Gemini perspective, it’s critical that you find balance between what’s happening now and what will happen in the future. You may want to consider taking the time to set down longer term foundations that will support you beyond today. Lean into Sagittarius energy. The balance between the two can mean breaking things off that won’t serve you long term or committing to something that will.
- Help you become more aware of the influences of others. The Lunar Eclipse will aid here. Just as the moon is seen in a different light we're able to see others in a different light too and maybe put them where they belong (not on a pedestal if you get my drift).
- Your relationships may change, and that's ok. When speaking your truth—and let's be honest here, there's only so long you can go without doing this—it will absolutely affect you and the way you are in your relationship. You cannot unring a bell. And that's good! There's no real long term point in carrying on with someone if you know there are truths that are holding you back.
- Let go of what is no longer serving us. Lunar eclipses cause a shift in perspective. This shining a light on others is critical to our understanding of our relationships. But of course this illumination can highlight things you don't always want to see. It may be time to say farewell. And, to lean into the optimistic nature of Sagittarius energy. Endings are hard, but everything is cyclical. When one door closes, another opens.
- You're doing what's right. As mentioned before, Sagittarian energies tend to see long into the future. So here's the beautiful part of this "full-moon-eclipse-a-pa-looza," you're doing exactly what needs to be done to set yourself free on your path. You may not see it immediately, but trust us, you got this! You were born for this. Speak your truth, set your house in order, and trust in the plan of the Universe.