This part time position with SoulKu provides support to the Director of Operations. Responsibilities include entering and processing checks, creating deposits in NetSuite for all daily transactions, reconciling batch deposits from AfterPay, Amazon, and Etsy, receipt matching, and other bookkeeping tasks. A working knowledge of GAAP is desired as this position will be responsible for month end closing and payroll entries. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized self-starter who is able to accurately handle sensitive information. The position requires a high attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to work independently.
SoulKu is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in all forms.
The Bookkeeper is a part-time position averaging 20 hours a week depending on project deadlines. The schedule is flexible as long as deadlines are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter payments from customers (mailed checks, ACH payments, payouts from marketplace facilitators)
- Create deposits for customer payments (Shopify, Paypal, Afterpay, Versapay)
- Upload receipts to corresponding transactions in Netsuite
- Assist the Director of Operations in other duties as requested
Skills and Education Requirements
- Experience working in either Accounting or ERP software, preferably Netsuite
- Demonstrated competence in MS office with expertise in Excel
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices
- Previous bookkeeping/accounting experience
- High degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- College degree preferred but not required