Social Media Manager
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, self-starter individual with a passion for social media, content creation, and audience development to join our SoulKu team. The Social Media Manager is someone who thrives on social media, is active and knowledgeable on all platforms and knows how to build strong online communities through brand visual storytelling.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for strategizing, developing, and creating original social media content that creates an interactive relationship between our customers/followers and our brand. It is crucial you are able to manage our brand identity and values in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals and drive awareness, engagement, and conversions. Additionally this role has a community management component, including managing posts and responding to followers.
As part of this role you will collect and review social media data and leverage this information to develop more effective, compelling campaigns. We expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. And you should have excellent communication skills and the ability to competently express our company’s brand mission “to be in service” through our meaningful, handmade jewelry and natural crystals across all content.
You must live in Asheville or near Asheville and be ready and willing to create and shoot content at and around our offices and with our team.
Ultimately, the ideal Social Media Manager should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring steady audience growth, high levels of web traffic and conversion, and customer engagement.
- Design and execute social media strategy to align with marketing and business goals.
- Create, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily, using gifs, images, and short-form videos to make best in class, innovative social-first storytelling.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Photography Directors on the creation and implementation of the monthly social content calendar and ensure brand consistency.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency in both brand voice and visual identity.
- Set specific objectives, KPIs, report on ROI, and create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through our active social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok and potential expansion to others such as YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Select and manage active and potential social media influencers.
- Communicate with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications, looking for ways our brand can support and add value to conversations.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and contests.
- Manage our social commerce integrations and look for ways to use new social features, including leveraging integrations like Shops, AR, and filters.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of social media management experience, preferably for B2C brands and in the jewelry or health and wellness markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar field preferred
- Strong understanding and passion for social media and cultural trends, especially Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Familiarity with graphic design and video editing tools to create content for social channels
- Superb eye for design and the different creative needs of each format and channel
- Expert level copywriting that understands what our audience wants to read and best represents our brand voice and message
- Exceptional ability to produce creative content that delivers measurable success, with portfolio case study examples
- Good knowledge of reporting tools and using metrics to gain insights that drive strategy
- Planning, organizational, and communication skills. Previous experience managing a content calendar and using planning tools, like Planoly, Sprout Social, etc.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, driving rapid work delivery, and having a solution-driven approach
- Collaborative spirit with experience working across internal and external teams
Commensurate with experience.
Benefits include paid time off, 10 paid holidays, health insurance, employee discount and parental leave.